Tuesday 13 May 2008

Sheila Márquez


As long as I can remember, I've never cared for models (Lara Stone is the exception).However it's time to show a bit of national pride and talk about Sheila Márquez. Some people may consider her face plain, but for me she's the owner of a classic and versatile beauty.

From theonestowatch : "Sheila Márquez, the 23 year old Madrileña darling of Balenciaga, has been on a tear since her arrival at Women Management Paris last November. She immediately grabbed the influential attention of Nicolas Ghesquiere and Marie Amelie Sauve who contracted her on the spot. Sheila shot a spectacular editorial with Sofia Sanchez & Mauro Mongiello for the Spring 2007 issue of 10 Magazine. Her Fall 2007/Winter 2008 runway regimen included biggie Gucci in Milan and the brilliance continued in Paris. In the last week Sheila’s walked Balenciaga, Costume National, Loewe, Chloe and Louis Vuitton. A shoot with Craig McDean for W is the icing to a whole lot of more cake for this 5′9″ brunette."


Her career only needs a small shakeup,and I am sure she will become a great top model.

Song: Cosmic dancer - T.Rex

8 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Why wasn't I born with cheekbones like that?

María said...

the clothes horse: I keep asking myself the same thing! LOL

Char Ruiz Manjarrez said...

She looks very pretty in the cover. And I really like the song that is playing. . .

C.

Rumi Neely said...

I first noticed her on the Sartorialist with her sweet Chloe clunky boots..they made me fall in love with her.

Anonymous said...

she is great

Kiki's Crew said...

hey I just want to say to you that I love your blog .....it is simply and elegant
if you want come to visit mine www.setyourstyle.com....maybe we could exchange blogroll....

ciao from Milan

Gisele said...

She´s georgeus, and she reminds me of Daisy Lowe (another pretty girl).

Maria said...

She great but it's funny to see what kind of looks Nicolas seems to prefer to work with - just today I read about Stephanie Carta, another darling of his. She looks quite like Sheila.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...