Sunday 10 May 2009

Mother

m

I've never seen my mother as someone stylish or elegant but this picture proves the opposite. She (the one in the middle) was in her early twenties, more or less the same age as me now so I figure this pic was taken in the late 70's. Still single, she probably went to spend a summer day at the countryside with my father -the man behind the camera- and some friends. I doubt I'd been able to achieve her low key sofistication. Happy mother's day!

Nunca he considerado a mi madre alguien particularmente elegante o con estilo, pero esta foto demuestra lo contrario. Ella (es la del medio, la que se coloca la camisa) tendría más o menos unos 20 años, la misma edad que yo ahora, así que calculo que se hizo a finales de los años 70. Aún estaba soltera y seguramente había ido a pasar un día de verano al campo con mi padre -autor de la foto- y unos amigos. Dudo que yo hubiese sido capaz de alcanzar esa sencilla sofisticación. ¡Feliz de la madre!*


*Soy consciente de que en el caso de España va con una semana de retraso.

10 comments:

calavera said...

ooooo sabes españolllll que alivio, mi inglés es penosisimo tengo que estudiar algo...este verano creo que me apuntaré a algo...estaba tan absorta viendo las fotos que no me paré a leer, de verdad los dibujos me encantan, hace tanto que no dibujo...pues me ha encantado tu blog, creo que lo visitaré muy a menudo

Carolina Lange said...

Beautiful post!
Happy mothers day!

Mónica said...

qué buena hija eres cuando quieres! una pena que no lo vaya a ver!!

Anonymous said...

i love seeing photos of my parents in the 70s. they met quite late in life so there's lots of photos of them leading their seperate lives. my mum in her hand made suits when she was in her 20s in drama school, my dad as a roguish anarchist in art school. both wearing ridiculously large glasses!

Etrapar said...

you have a beautiful mother... love and appreciate her :)

Mash said...

your mother is beautiful :) happy mother's day !

Tamara said...

Pero que guapa! Me encanta el pelo, y el outfit. Cualquier día es bueno para ser el día de la madre ;)

boubou said...

happy mother day:)) the best day of the year ever ;)

a bientot !

Boubou xx

Fashion Cappuccino said...

That picture is so beautiful and candid! Hope you had a great mother's day!! xxo

joanne said...

your mom's style is simple elegance personified! hope you two had a great day together :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...